• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Uproar Over Mollie Tibbetts Death. What About Celia Baraquin Arozamena?

Straight Shooter

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
A man with a criminal background was charged with murder just hours after a former Iowa State University champion golfer turned up dead in a pond on a golf course.

Collin Daniel Richards, 22, who police said has no known address and, according to court records, was kicked out of his grandparents' house a year ago, was charged with first-degree murder in Celia Barquin Arozamena's stabbing death Monday.

Police found her body at Coldwater Links public golf course near Iowa State University in Ames, where she apparently went golfing alone Monday morning.

Richards purportedly made statements to an acquaintance recently "to the effect of having an urge to rape and kill a woman," according to a criminal complaint made public Tuesday.

Story County Attorney Jessica Reynolds described the killing as "a random act of violence" during a brief court hearing for Richards Tuesday morning.

"The state believes him to be a flight risk, also believes him to be a danger to the community," Reynolds said during the hearing.

The judge granted her request to set bail at $5 million.

Richards appeared in court in shackles and made no statements. He was ordered to return to court Sept. 28 for a preliminary hearing.

Attorney Paul Rounds of the Story County Public Defender's Office was appointed to represent Richards.

"I hope people reserve judgment until after the trial," Rounds told ABC News when reached by phone, declining to comment further.

The slaying sent shockwaves from the nation's heartland to Barquin Arozamena's hometown of Reocín, Spain, where civic leaders joined residents in a moment of silence at noon on Tuesday. The Reocín City Council also declared three days of mourning for the young woman and released a statement condemning the "vile act" that took her life.

"She was a really hard-working girl who was deeply loved by the whole town," Reocín Mayor Pablo Diestro told the Spanish sports website Marca.com. "It's a tragedy. We can't believe it."

Cmdr. Geoff Huff, head of the Ames Police Department's criminal investigations division, said at a news conference Tuesday, "It's rare, obviously. It's still very troubling that something like this would happen in broad daylight in a community that is as safe as Ames is.”

He added: "It's an awful thing that's happened. I'm not sure what else I can say."

Barquin Arozamena, a native of Spain, was recently named Iowa State’s female athlete of the year.

She had turned pro this past spring after completing her college golfing career. Earlier this year, she qualified for the U.S. Women's Open in Alabama, one of the LPGA Tour's majors.

The Ames Police Department opened a suspicious death investigation Monday morning when golfers found Barquin Arozamena's cellphone, ball cap and golf bag on the ninth hole fairway of the golf course "with no one around it," according to a police statement.

Golfers had seen Barquin Arozamena on the golf course earlier but told police she had disappeared, prompting a search for her, officials said.

Officers were called to the golf course about 10:24 a.m. and found the woman's body a half-hour later in a pond near where her golf bag was discovered and determined she had been assaulted, according to the criminal complaint.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/iowa-state-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena-found-dead/story?id=57900738

Hispanic murders white girl: Makes national headlines. Cancel the Latino festivals!!!

White guy murders Hispanic woman: Crickets...

#StraightShooter

Jack Davenport

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Was the white guy here illegally?
Haven’t you libs had your asses kicked enough today?

Johan

So, because her murderer was a US citizen her murder doesn't count ? There's no outrage if US citizens kill young Girls, only if the murder happens to be an illegal ?

Jack Davenport

So, because her murderer was a US citizen her murder doesn't count ? There's no outrage if US citizens kill young Girls, only if the murder happens to be an illegal ?
Yes, that’s the logical conclusion to draw. :rolleyes:

The comparison he was trying to make was that when a Hispanic is murdered no one cares or the murderer if they are white, aren’t even pursued. The whole outrage was based upon the fact that Tibbett’s murderer should not have been here in the first place.

georges

Staff member

He never said that and every murder counts.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Downvoted for not posting in the proper discussion area (sports) and for fabricating outrage.

As a native Iowan and a decent human being, I am disgusted by this senseless crime and I hope her family gets through this terrible tragedy and they never have to deal with straight shooter.